In recent years, women with large breasts have a wide range to choose from since their options have been increasing. Currently, it’s possible to get an ideal support bra for the plus size. Unlike in the past years! But in reality, finding the best bra is quite tricky.
Finding the best brand of a bra for fuller breasts is likened to finding needles in haystacks.
To add on that, the meaning of plus size has a wide variation. Several bras in this class tend to either fit the band or cup size. You will never come across one that fits both. There a few bras in the market for the full-figured which don’t fit the cup or the band size, yet they only claim to cater to the plus-size when they don’t.
However, finding a bra with the correct fit is easier when you have no issues with the cups. But it’s quite evident that can never be the case. Breasts need cups!
Which Are the Best Support Bras for Full Figured?
Many women complain about bras that don’t offer enough support since they cause back pains.
Fortunately, these reviews on bras might get you hooked. Honestly, these plus size bras are quite comfortable and offer adequate support. They are also available in several band and cup sizes.
#1. Fantasie Women’s Smoothing Molded T-shirt Bra
Fantasie Women’s Smoothing Molded T-shirt Bra has to be the best bra for plus size since:
- The beautiful lingerie piece features at the center an arched panel. The specific design component is perfect for high and big tummies.
- In terms of support, is offers high-level support for the plus size women and also features a non-stretchy middle gore, which is responsible for all the breast support.
- The design on the cups of this bra is quite appealing. They tend to give the breasts a natural shape, which also projects.
The bra is available in UK standard sizes DD, FF, and GG among others. It, therefore, means that the brand does manufacture larger cup sizes too.
Fantasie Women’s Smoothing Molded T-shirt Bra is suitable for your everyday wear. The wide range of cup sizes will captivate you. And it also has a design that offers full coverage for large breasts.
However, it’s not ideal under sleeveless outfits since it shows a bit on the underarms. The straps of this bra are also widely set.
- Features adjustable hook and eye closures for a tight, comfortable fit
- Cups have a perfect shape courtesy of the lining and underwire
- The bra’s fabric is silky and smooth eliminating moisture from the body
- Straps are extra thick
- Bra shows on the sides when wearing sleeveless outfits
#2. Panache Women’s Underwire – Best Support Sports Bra For Plus Size
Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra has a construction of 14% elastane, which means you can access some stretch. Besides using polyamide and polyester fabric. Here’s more:
- The bra features a standard hook and eye closure, and its straps are also adjustable. The hook and eye closure offer a comfortable but snug fit, while the straps are convertible as well. The straps are broad enough that it can stabilize your movement, and has some cushioning for optimal comfort.
- The bra has a smooth shape as you might desire. The flat seams are equally smooth too.
- The bra has a moisture wicking fabric. A microfiber to be precise and mesh panels which help in breathability.
In overall, the bra’s fitting is quite incredible. The breasts will feel encapsulated with no compressions. That has to be the beauty of this bra, especially for women with big breasts lift.
It’s quite tricky to get a bra with a comfortable underwire. The bra caters for breasts sizes up to 40GG. Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra holds and positions the breasts correctly with no compressions.
However, the disadvantage isn’t universal meaning that it doesn’t affect everyone in the same way.
Unfortunately, the cups of this bra have some extra fabric, and this can make the breasts to appear pointy. But again, it would depend on the size and shape of the chest.
- The bra features a mesh panel on the shoulders and bust with offers ventilation.
- Flat seams which look perfect even on clothing that fit tightly.
- The bra has smooth molded cups, which helps in minimizing friction, thereby adding on its comfortability.
- The cone effect isn’t lost
- It’s quite challenging to adjust the straps on this bra while wearing
#3. Panache Women’s Envy Stretch Lace Full-Cup – Best Support Bra For Plus Size With Lace
Panache Women’s Envy Stretch Lace Full-Cup Bra will attract your attention.
- The lace detailing comes with 4-sectioned cups that are textured and an underwire.
- For high-level support, the designer did add some mesh wings. But the 4-sectioned cups with lining that will capture your attention since they feature side slings offering a lift to the breasts. The reason as to why the bra is incredibly supportive naturally.
- Just like the fit of the bra, looks are also quite important, especially when it comes to Panache brands. The bra features an underband which is elastic and offers high-level support even for cup size GG. To add on that, it also has an elegant satin bow which makes it look unique.
You can choose to invest in this bra since it’s worthwhile. Panache Women’s Envy Stretch Bra has a reasonable price tag. It also offers lift and support to the breasts. The adjustable straps, underwire cups, and side slings will catch your attention in this bra.
However, the bra has seams meaning that it is visible underneath clothing with thin layers.
- The floral lace featuring on the jacquard cups gives the bra a feminine touch
- The center gore is durable providing outstanding control and additional comfort
- The reinforced underband tends to accommodate large cup sizes up to GG.
- Seams are visible
- Underwire rubs against the skin at the center
#4. Freya Women’s Active – Best Support Bra For Plus Size
If a bra’s affordability worries you as much as the support it offers, then you should go for Freya Women’s Active Underwire Molded Sports Bra.
- The bra features molded cups and mesh panels design. The shape of the molded cups helps in improving comfort by minimizing friction. The mesh panels aid in ventilation and breathability.
- The bra has a double lining to offer maximum support, and this feature makes the bra ideal for women with big breasts lift.
- We also have antibacterial fabric technology, which helps in odor resistance. In the same breath, the bra also features a Coolmax fabric which moisture wicks remarkably on the inner parts.
The molded cups of the bra are for encapsulation, which is compression-free. The straps have padding to enhance comfort and support. You will get everything you want in a bra from Freya Women’s Active Underwire Molded Sports Bra. Substantial support, incredible comfort, and perfect shape!
The Freya Underwire Sports Bra offers a well-supported lift and separation which prevents uniboob. Broad straps, thick underwires, and foam equipped cups are the bra’s attractive qualities.
However, the bra has a racerback closure design, which makes hooking the bra almost impossible. And we only have two hands for the job.
- For optimal anchorage, the bra has a flat and firm band at the bottom
- Reduces bounce even when undertaking high-impact exercises like horse riding and running
- Even after several washes, the fabric of the bra holds up perfectly well
- You can’t fasten the hooks on your own
- The nipple coverage material is not quite thick
Video – Fitting Guide
#5. Cleo By Panache Marcie Balconette – Best Support Bra For Plus Size With Lace
Marcie bra for the full-figured does belong to the balconette collection brand. Some additional design elements are what makes this bra unique. The bar offers high-level support.
- The Marcie Balconette bra has power mesh in its wings. Such a material provides a secure fit regardless of the size of the breasts. The bra makes room for different sizes up to cup size J.
- The bra also looks beautiful. The underband features an elastic trimming which is quite colorful along with a satin fabric bow at the center.
- The straps of the bra are fully adjustable
In overall, the bra’s construction is in such a way that it doesn’t compromise on full coverage and adequate support. Cleo by Panache Marcie Balconette bra is available in a range of colors. You can go to one that you find flirtatious and fun. The cups of the bra aim at providing maximum support.
Although Cleo by Marcie Balconette Bra claims to provide an ideal fit, it also has a drawback. The underwire of the bra becomes uncomfortable after wearing it for long since the wire slightly shifts upwards towards the sternum.
- The lace on the bra isn’t visible even on thin clothing
- The cups have a flattering neutral shape that is impressive
- No additional insulation which means you can wear it every day on hot weather
- Lacks coverage at the top
- The underwire tends to ride up
#6. Wacoal Women’s Awareness – Best Support Bra For Plus Size Natural Shaping
Several reviews on bras for the full-figured include the Wacoal’s Women’s Underwire Bra. The bra has a lot to offer.
The bras have components which you can’t see. They hide underneath while doing their jobs flawlessly.
- The bra does excel when it comes to hiding components like the cups seamless double-ply fabric while helping shape the breasts. The bra also features a hidden sling on the inside that offers excellent support.
- You can also not see the underwire of the bra. It does fit with no irritation’s contrary to wires in other bras, and it provides additional comfort.
- The straps are adjustable at the back, which are easier to make.
What’s more, Wacoal’s designer did use a pretty smooth jacquard material, making it the best support bra for full-figured. The bra is heavy duty with an invisible underwire, and sling on the inside which offers both comfort and support.
However, the bra does not have molded cups.
- The bra’s round and lift capacity are quite remarkable
- The straps of the bra have cushions, and the wires have padding
- The cups of the bra have a microfiber lining which helps in moisture-wicking
- The cups of the bra aren’t molded
#7. Cleo Women’s Lucy Balconette – Perfect Support Bra For Plus Size
Cleo Lucy Balconette bra also offers support for big breasts. It is a classic alternative. But with some touch of fun!
The bra’s craftmanship is exquisite, which is no surprise when we talk of Panache.
- Lucy comprises of 3-section cups that guarantees you superior support. The mesh on the wings of this bra makes it ideal even for cup size J.
- The addition of floral lace on the bra and a satin bow contributes to the delicate pattern of the bra, which is super attractive.
- The double lining at the bottom of the cups enhances support.
The bra claims to be the best support bra for full-figured. You can see this aspect from the no bulge after putting on the bra. The inclusion of the embroidery offers more coverage hence, maximum support. The bra also features a unique shape when it comes to the cups that provide full coverage below the nipples too.
The bra is beautiful, and its construction is perfect. It helps in holding the breasts throughout the day, ensuring breathability and comfort are in consideration. Bra’s also come with a period to break-in. Sometimes, the bra will tend to poke on the sides, which isn’t unusual with wearing bras.
- The bra makes the breasts appear smaller than their actual size
- Durability and fit are of high-quality
- The sectioned cups of the bra enable a supportive fit and lift
- The lace is visible through clothes with light colors
- You may take some time to get acclimatized to the bra
#8. Elomi Women’s Plus Size – Best Plunge Support Bra For Women With Large Breasts
The current selection is an improvisation of the well-known Betty frame. The bra features many practical and functional elements which major in providing high-level support for big cups sizes.
- The bra has a spectacular construction with two components. The moveable J-hook closure and the flexible racerback alternative which makes room for easy adjustments.
- The show’s star has to be the lower plunge at the center. The bra’s front design comes in a plunge style, with no discomfort that comes with wearing a push-up bra.
- The bra has an additional three-section cups, and this makes things better, besides the side panels. Resulting in encapsulated feel and look.
The Elomi Women’s Plus Size Bra also has an elastic neck edge, which makes fitting convenient as well. The brand caters for every aspect of the breasts. The bra is quite comfortable, unlike most bras with a plunge design.
However, the straps of this bra keep falling off from the shoulders. You can do away with this problem by going for one with a close-set.
- It’s ideal for narrow shoulders and poor posture
- The designer did use a lightweight and flexible fabric in the construction
- Offers some round shaping and heavy lifting
- Straps fall off the shoulders
- The bra’s underband isn’t very firm
#9. Elila Women’s Plus Size – Perfect Support Bra With Four Hook And Eye Closures For Full-Figured
Elila Women’s Plus Size Support Bra is the best support bra for full-figured, yet it has no underwire. It’s ideal for people who can’t stand underwires.
The bra has four hook and eye closures, unlike the usual three, which is common in most bras. I guess this was to make up for the bra being wire-free. The closures are perfect, especially in providing a snug fit, and exceptional support.
Additionally, the bra features unique cups which have seams and are also non-stretchy. The sling has padding responsible for additional lift and support.
The thick straps don’t stretch as well, but you can easily adjust them at the front.
Straps that stretch tend to wear out pretty fast, especially when you adjust them regularly. So, the straps in this bra not stretching is quite a relief! If you are looking to get the best support bra for full-figured that has no underwire, then the Elila Women’s Plus-size bra is what you should get.
The bra offers full coverage, has soft cups, and non-stretchy straps, which help in preventing flopping and drooping all over the place. It also holds the breasts up effortlessly.
In this case, it will be good to go a size up so that you don’t end up with a small bra.
- If you get the appropriate size, the fit is quite comfortable
- The bra provides ideal support and shape throughout the day
- The sizes tend to run small
- The bra features some plastic on the sides which digs in the skin
#10. Freya Women’s Fancies – Best Support Bra For Plus Size With A Thick Underband
Check the underband and the back of this bra! You will notice they are thicker compared to the other bras. And this means the bra offers more in terms of support.
- The bra having a larger underband screams additional support and more hook and eye closures too. Everything is this bra is more, mainly comfort.
- The bra also has a scalloped trim which will catch your attention. Besides making this bra beautiful, it offers more coverage.
The cups of the bra have padding with soft foam, which helps provide some significant benefits. And they include an appropriate definition, perfect shape, and a proper lift.
Freya Women’s Fancies Plus Size Bra has no drawbacks despite having a thicker underband compared to the other bras.
However, the bra doesn’t prevent bounce, and this is one thing you might find uncomfortable with the bra.
- The bra has some fun additions like the delicate lace and beautiful bow
- Th bra has a proper fit since it has multiple hooks and eye closures
- The cups feature a soft foam padding which helps in lifting the breasts and also shape flawlessly
- The cups of the bra are quite small
- The bra has no bounce effect
Best Support Bra for Plus Size Buying Guide
A guide on the buying part has to be the ultimate stop, most notably for women who want to be conversant with choosing bras which offer the best support. Massive breasts require bras are can cater to them effortlessly.
Picking the Best Support Bra for Plus Size (Avoiding Uniboob)
1. Seek help from a professional
Here we are talking about getting a professional to take your measurements. When you know what size you are, then you are likely to find a proper fitting bra in any style. It will also reduce the time you usually take walking around to find the perfect one.
The size of the breasts changes regularly. Common causes are weight issues, either lose or gain, and pregnancies. Whichever reason or size, support, and comfort are vital when buying a new bra. Nothing can compromise on any of these two factors.
2. Check the straps and torso band
There’s more especially when choosing a bra for plus size women. Therefore, it’s not entirely surprising that some women in this category can lack the benefits of a standard construction like lingerie. For example, it’s common to feel the bra straps digging in the shoulders.
Women with big breasts buy bras that have a larger torso band. The structures allow all the breasts’ weight to lay on the straps, causing it to dig into the skin. But it’s quite practical to get a bra with a thick torso band. However, ensure the bra has three hook and eye closures.
The most significant part of the support of this bra comes from the torso band. So, the torso band needs to have a snug fit. The straps of the bra are supportive as well. Their primary function is stabilizing movement. In this case, a bra that has full cups are recommendable since they offer additional support while reducing breast movement.
Most bras with thicker straps provide high-level support, which also increases comfort.
3. Get Technical
Lace in a bra looks beautiful. But doesn’t hand out the comfort which comes with modern textiles like a spacer fabric which is breathable and soft, besides accommodating a specific shape.
For big breasts, casual t-shirt bras that have a spacer fabric offer both support and opacity. And that as well with no increase in projection.
Sports bras prioritize technical fabrics. How much the material can moisture wick is also vital, whether it’s a compression sports bra or one with a multi-seam design — the ability of the bra to keep you cool and dry throughout the day.
In addition to all these factors, how the band fits is also essential. An ideal support bra for plus size fits perfectly well around the band. The designer did install the closures of the bra on the broadest setting apart. The design also leaves space for adjustability. So, you are left to enjoy the comfortable and snug fit of the bra. The elastic on the bra also stretch out.
4. Make the underwire your friend
Large breasts have a complicated relationship with the bra’s underwire since it provides lift and support. But the straps sometimes do pinch and prod.
The ideal bra for support on the sides and lift should always have an underwire. You might come across some bras that have a proper fit, are comfortable with a wire-free design.
5. Ensure the bra fits snugly on the body.
The middle part of the bra should lie flat on the sternum, and not float at the center of the breasts. Remember, the underwire covers the entire breast tissue. And it’s not to dig in the outer parts of the underarm.
The bra aims to achieve a smooth, seamless fit. Therefore, you shouldn’t hesitate going up a cup size, especially if the cups tend to run over like the annoying Starbucks spillage.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Should I go for plus size or full figure?
I know this is quite surprising since we believe there’s no difference when it comes to plus size and full figure. That’s is so wrong! Plus size means having a thicker band size. These types of bras have their band sizes beginning at 40. While full figure or full bust only refers to the cup size of the bra.
If you have big breasts and go for cup size DD or higher, you can choose from these alternatives. Always go for an ideal support bra for the full figure as opposed to the plus-size one. However, in an instance where you wear size 42F, the pendulum tends to sway in both directions.
So, several D cup bras that are perfect are the full figure. But is this 100% true? The next question might give you a clue! Keep reading.
2. Why is finding a bra in a full figure design quite challenging?
Several commercial companies that manufacture bras don’t cater to sizes that go beyond the D cup. It only means that all these manufacturing companies stop even before they get to cup size DD. To cut this long story short, most of the mainstream brands don’t offer a lot of alternatives to women with large breasts.
But why is this so? It’s because the process of manufacturing bras isn’t cost-effective. We have many distinctive factors when it comes to standard bras and those that cater to the full-figured.
In simple terms, all these companies only aim at saving money and increasing their profit margins. Even if it includes providing the consumers with bras that have wrong measurements or a size lower than the actual one, especially to women with large breasts, it only explains why you see many women with large breasts settling for small fitting bras, and they have no option.
Fantasie Women’s Smoothing Molded T-shirt Bra is the most ideal of all the bras in the list. How to choose a perfect support bra for full-figured might bring about a little confusion.
Fantasie Women’s Smoothing Bra is the best for wearing every day since the bra features molded cups. Additionally, the bra comes in a wide variety of cup sizes.
The bra is unique because it offers full coverage regardless of the size. You can buy one and don’t be afraid of giving reviews and recommendations.