Question: What type of bra should you wear after breast augmentation? Read on to find out.
Proper healing is important after any surgical procedure for the best results. The post-operative phase is equally crucial after breast augmentation. Generally, surgeons usually recommend some of the best post-surgery bras to aid in healing and offer extra breast support.
Importance of Breast Augmentation Bras
Breast augmentation bras have a lot of benefits post surgery, some of which you can’t get with regular ones. These benefits include:
- It helps reduce fluid retention which in turn minimizes the likelihood of hematomas
- Increase in blood flow to prevent inflammation
- Breast augmentation bra helps protect you against infection especially on the incisions
- Helps keep the implants in place as it prevents swelling or shifting
- Speeds up the recovery process as the bra’s fabric adheres to the new acquired shape effortlessly
What Type of Bra to Wear After Breast Augmentation
Here’s what to look for when shopping for the best breast augmentation bras:
A supportive bra plays an important role in your healing journey. However, there are other crucial features that must be put into consideration including:
- Front Closure – For ease of wearing and taking off, a front closure bra will come in handy especially since you’ll have limited mobility.
- Wire Free – You don’t want underwires to poke or press into the incision area as it can cause a lot of damage and also interfere with the healing process. In this case, a wire free bra comes highly recommended.
- Breathable Fabric – The augmentation bra should be made from a high-quality breathable fabric to allow free flow of air and keep you dry and comfortable. It also helps prevent skin irritation an allergic reaction.
- Adjustable Straps – This will allow you to customize the bra’s fit for maximum comfort.
- Comfortable Support – The bra should be supportive and equally comfortable. You’ll need a little bit of both comfort and support during the recovery process. It should be firm but not too tight that it makes you feel constricted.
Leonisa is a bra brand with an extensive range of post-surgical bras in different designs. These bras are made with PowerSlim and DuraFit materials crafted from modern compression and control technology known to effortlessly shape the breasts. Plus, you can complement your bra with a stabilizing and compression wrap.
AVAILABLE ON AMAZON
A medical grade compression bra would be ideal after the surgical procedure. You might need to wear this bra for up to a maximum of six weeks or even more as per the surgeon’s instructions. You can then switch to wearing sports bras a month post surgery. Always go for incredibly soft, stretchy, wire free sports bras since underwires tend to rub against the skin and this can cause irritation around the incision area. Also, ensure you check with your medical provider before switching to other different bra types.