Looking for the best bras for triathlon? We have you covered.
In this Guide
- Best Bras for Triathlon
- #1. Panache Sports Molded Non-Wired Bra
- #2. Sweaty Betty Ultra Run Sports Bra
- #3. Solidarity High Impact Sports Bra
- #4. Nike Alpha Women’s High Support Sports Bra
- #5. Elomi Energise Bra
- #6. Shock Absorber Active Shape Support Sports Bra
- #7. Enlite Bra Zip High Support
- #8. Energy Underwired Lightly Padded Convertible Sports Bra
- #9. Freya Sports Crop Top Bra
- #10. Royce Impact Free Sports Bra
- Choosing a Bra for Triathlon
Most women underestimate the power of a bra. In fact, majority of women cannot wait to get home and get the bra off.
However, bras should not be a hassle. If you find a fitting bra, you will be amazed at how comfortable and supported you will feel.
Breast tissue has no muscles. Therefore, when it sags, there is no going back. If you are a tri-athlete, you need a fitting and supportive bra that will keep the sisters up and prevent them from bouncing when you are exercising.
Best Bras for Triathlon
#1. Panache Sports Molded Non-Wired Bra
The Panache Sports Bra is one of the best bras for Triathlon. The bra is easy to put on, offers excellent support, and is comfortable. The bra comes in different color options and has an adjustable back that can be worn as a racerback.
Sizing: Up to a HH cup
#2. Sweaty Betty Ultra Run Sports Bra
The Sweaty Betty bra combines both encapsulating cups and a compressive fit to offer great support. The bra has mesh paneling to ensure you keep cool when working out. This bra for tri-athlete has adjustable straps, which means it can be worn both as a racerback and a U-back, depending on the level of support you need and the exercises you want to do.
Sizing: Up to an F Cup
#3. Solidarity High Impact Sports Bra
The Solidarity High Impact Sports Bra stands out for its ‘overband’ technology that specifically helps to keep the sisters from bouncing around. The bra is adjustable both at the back and on the sides. You can adjust the bra to fit over your shoulders or chest.
Sizing: Up to a G cup
#4. Nike Alpha Women’s High Support Sports Bra
The Nike Alpha is a stylish contoured sports bra with a unique back design. The bra is made from comfortable Dri-FIT fabric that has great moisture-wicking properties. This bra has adjustable straps.
Sizing: Up to an E Cup
#5. Elomi Energise Bra
The Elomi Energise Bra is a high impact sports bra for tri-athletes. The bra offers maximum support, regardless of the size of your breasts. This sports bra is made from sweat-wicking fabric and has a three-part cup design with extra side support for comfort during your triathlon.
We love its underwired encapsulation cups and side supports that keep the sisters up. The bra has an adjustable back for racerback or standard straps
Sizing: Up to a K Cup.
#6. Shock Absorber Active Shape Support Sports Bra
The Shock Absorber Sports Bra features a cool blue cup, neon trim, and plunge neckline. The light padded sports bra will make you look stylish when exercising. The bra is made from breathable material that absorbs sweat, keeping you cool during your workouts.
Sizing: Up to an F Cup
#7. Enlite Bra Zip High Support
The Enlite Sports Bra is lightweight, has wide straps, and provides an encapsulating fit. This bra has a handy front zip that makes it easy to remove or put on. The bra is made from breathable material and has in-built cups that offer enviable support.
We love the soft and smooth Ultralu fabric that is light, comfortable, and offers high-impact support.
Sizing: Up to an E Cup.
#8. Energy Underwired Lightly Padded Convertible Sports Bra
The Energy Padded Convertible Sports Bra has wide straps and a cushioned underband. This bra offers great support and comfort. Its lightly padded cups offer a flattering fit and the back can be converted both to a standard or cross-back wear.
Sizing: Up to a G Cup
#9. Freya Sports Crop Top Bra
The Freya Sports Bra is the best bra for tri-athletes looking for a crop top that offers the support of a fully-wired bra. This bra is made from COOLMAX sweat-wicking fabric in the interior, has structured cops for support, and its back can be adjusted to be worn as a standard or racerback.
Sizing: Up to a G cup.
#10. Royce Impact Free Sports Bra
The Royce bra is a high impact sports bra for triathlon that offers great coverage. The bra non-wired bra has structured cups and is made from cotton for a comfortable feel. The cups offer plenty of support and the band ensures a supportive fit.
Sizing: Up to a K Cup
Choosing a Bra for Triathlon
- Separate cups: Whether you have large or small breasts, you need a sports bra that has separate cups for that much-needed support. Ideally, avoid padded sports bras as the cushioning pads can make the girls sweat.
- Breathable Fabric: The sports bra should be made from breathable fabric to keep your skin clean from the sweat.
- Thick Straps: If you have large breasts, get a sports bra with thick straps to reduce weight and digging into the shoulders. The way that a bra feels may depend on its elasticity. Therefore, make sure the bra is elastic enough to allow you to move and breathe freely during the race.
- Band: Check that the bra’s bottom band goes all the way around. If the band is riding up your back, this means that the bra does not fit you properly or its straps are too tight. Use our online calculator to find your correct bra size before purchasing
How Should the Bra Fit?
When it comes to bras, comfort is important. Avoid bras that will dig into your side, allow chafing on the shoulders, or do not provide enough support.
The sports bra should be firmer than an everyday bra. However, this does not mean it should be too tight to the extent that you feel sucked in.
What to Avoid
As a tri-athlete, you should stay away from compressed bras. These bras push down your breasts and can damage their tissues. Moreover, they are not comfortable nor supportive.
A good tri-athlete bra should hold the breasts up throughout the race rather than restricting them.